In Swampscott, construction has begun on the rehabilitation and addition of the former Machon Elementary School, which will transform the site into the home of 38 high quality affordable senior housing units. Keep scrolling to read about project progress!
- The construction of the Senior Residences at the Machon will commence in March 2020.
- Interior demolition of 1920’s original building will begin in April, and full demolition of the 1960’s addition will occur in May.
- Affirmative Marketing & Leasing efforts will begin in September 2020. Applications will become available.
- Selection Lottery for all applicants will occur in December 2020.
- Construction is expected to be complete by March 2021.
- Lease-up and Occupancy will begin April 2021.
What’s Happening Now
This information will be updated regularly. The work anticipated, but not limited to, on site is as follows:
During the weeks of 4/13/20 – 05/01/20:
- Site preparation and clearing
- Excavation and rough grading of site
- Asbestos Abatement completion
- Installation of stormwater infiltration system
- Demolition of 1960’s wing
- Interior demolition of 1920’s wing
During the weeks of 3/17/20 – 04/04/20:
- Site mobilization, including erection of the temporary site fence and arrival of onsite trailer.
- Site preparation and clearing.
- Asbestos Abatement (note that all asbestos abatement work will be performed following all Commonwealth of Massachusetts and United States EPA and OSHA regulations).
Who to Contact
As always please feel free to contact us if you should have questions or concerns.
For contact regarding immediate/emergency site conditions:
For contact regarding general project schedule and other questions or concerns:
BBH Project Manager