In Swampscott, construction has begun on the rehabilitation and addition of the former Machon Elementary School, which will transform the site into the home of 38 high quality affordable senior housing units. Keep scrolling to read about project progress!
- The construction of the Senior Residences at the Machon will commence in March 2020.
- Affirmative Marketing & Leasing efforts will begin in October 2020. Applications will become available.
- Selection Lottery for all applicants will occur in January 2020.
- Construction is expected to be complete by April 2021.
- Lease-up and Occupancy will begin April 2021.
What’s Happening Now
We are making good progress and on track for completion in April of 2021. Foundations for the new addition are complete and the slab on grade will be poured in the next couple of weeks. Inside the existing 1920’s building structural demolition is complete and structural framing is in progress.
Key highlights of work that will be occurring during the month of August include, but are not limited to:
- Interior structural framing, unit layouts and mechanical/electrical/plumbing rough installation @ 1920’s building
- Exterior masonry restoration @ 1920’s building
- Foundation backfill, underground plumbing, slab on grade, and start of wall framing @ new addition
- Ongoing site work including installation of north retaining wall
Who to Contact
As always please feel free to contact us if you should have questions or concerns.
For contact regarding immediate/emergency site conditions:
For contact regarding general project schedule and other questions or concerns:
BBH Project Manager