We are very pleased to share that food and hygiene supply deliveries continue at Covenant House in Brighton! Though we have begun to re-open outdoor spaces and reconvene distanced exercise classes, we want to make sure that all of our residents continue to have access to much needed food and supplies, especially if they aren’t ready to venture back out to shops and stores. A big thank you to our front line staffers Julie, Catrina, Ana, Moon, Jim, and Spartak for providing door to door service!
- On Tuesday, July 21st, we had another ‘Age Strong Boston’ box delivery. They have redesigned this program to receive federal funding and now it is two boxes, one with fresh produce and one with shelf stable grocery staples. Two boxes are double the work for our fearless masked maintenance team, but zero complaints!
- On Thursday, July 23rd, we walked around the building with an Ethos employee and delivered the annual elder farmer’s market coupons. Over 100 residents each received $25 of these. This delivery model went so well, we’d love for it to continue post pandemic!
- Catrina also had her usual 30 food pantry bags from the ABCD food pantry to deliver to residents but with an additional bottle of Wool Lite and $10 of City of Boston Farmer’s Market coupons!
- On Friday, July 24th, We delivered masks again to every resident in the building, keeping up our community’s mask awareness! Masks were donated from MassHousing
- Last Friday, July 31st, we delivered $30 of Whole Foods gift cards each to 3 winners who got the closest to our “Guess How Many Fruit Loops?” challenge in the lobby. There were 909 Fruit Loops, and the winners guessed 893, 963 and 850!!